My 34th year sure was an interesting 12 months. Those months have led to many changes for this next birthday year. There were milestones and life changes and this is only to continue on for the next 12 months! Here is my special list of 35 things to do or focus on for my 35th year:
Celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary in July.We did so with a trip to Udaipur, Rajastan-the land of kings and romance! Honestly, it was tense time due to other things going on but an amazing trip nevertheless. Great destination. Enjoy my sister’s visit to India.One of my sisters came and spent a month with us in India. We had a blast and made wonderful memories. It was a bonding time we will never forget and may never have again. Prepare for the new baby!I will admit I did not really start thinking about baby until month 8. However, as of September 19th I have a bed for baby, a dresser, a car seat (all of these thanks to generous family members), and will be having a baby shower on September 24th. After that I will purchase any outstanding items the first week of October and be ready to welcome this little kidlet. Mental and physical preparation….will start when I am in month 9. Enjoy the wedding in our family (may be the last one in the immediate family!).Super hard to enjoy this wedding due to all kinds of endless family dramas and the awful pregnancy related nerve pain that hit me hard the week of the wedding.
- Get through the last half of the pregnancy. Am past half way at 25 weeks and am sooo done! My due date was moved up a few weeks in late Aug to Oct 28th…yahoo! As of mid-September the due date is in dispute and may be moved back to November. Since, at this stage, dating is not accurate, they are just going to monitor me every few weeks. Since month 7 this pregnancy has been tough due to back and leg issues. Third trimester has also sucked so far…but counting down the weeks!
- Take lots of photos as this will be a special time. In progress.
Check out India while I still live here. Had the chance to explore Delhi well, check out Udaipur, Mumbai, Chandigarh, and Bangalore so far.
- Enjoy my baby shower.
- Keep credit card debt to less than $3,500 at all times.
Support my husband with his goals and dreams.We have put down a payment on a flat in his home city which was one of his ultimate goals. Helped him find a new higher paying job in August.
- Enjoy October-my favourite month-back in North America.
Eliminate the 2011 debt I have been carrying.Done August 2017.
- Have a baby!
- Increase emergency savings from $500 to $1,000 and leave it be for an actual emergency.
- Make this Christmas a good one.
- Enjoy maternity leave.
Finally settle my accident issues with the insurance company and use the funds wisely.Finally this was settled in September. Am using the funds very wisely so far.
- Keep writing this blog. I have seen many people quit after having a baby.
- Celebrate my husband turning 31 in February.
- Take a vacation of some sort.
- Start thinking about what I want next in my career now that a child is in the mix.
- Enjoy life with my husband-especially after learning how much better it is with him.
- After baby and a few months break…start thinking about getting in shape.
- Celebrate turning 36 in June 2018.
- Do ten new things big or small. 1). Visited new cities in India. 2). Experiencing pregnancy. 3). Experienced life on crutches and chronic pain and developed a lot of empathy for those with such issues. 4). Buying our first property with husband. 5).
- Enjoy nature more. I did this until the back and leg issues started. Hoping to pick it up in spring once the weather is good and baby is out!
Update my smart phone. Got a new one August 2017.
- After a year off, start my garden again!
- Appreciate things more-big and small.
- Enjoy the new baby and family bonding.
- Bake a fancy cake.
- Make time for myself.
- Connect with friends.
- After baby, have at least 3 really great date nights before the end of June.
- Be positive, grateful, and full of love.