This blog post is late as I have been busy with my new little one! This is usually my least favourite month but this year I think I will not have time to be upset about it. Here are the things I am looking forward to:
- Baby! This month will be all about getting to know my little guy and enjoying everything about him.
- Recovery! Am hoping for relief from all the major aches and pains at some point this month. Am back at chiro and hope for speedy results.
- Baby care. It will be a tough month as we get used to baby but so much better than sleepless nights for reasons like a big stomach and endless leg and hip pain.
- Family bonding time. My whole family, who have anxiously been waiting for our little guy, will be around more often which is nice.
- Getting ready for Christmas…the fun and prep will begin around the end of the month.
- Financial progress. My husband and I are making a new financial plan this month and I am excited.
July was amazing. My pregnancy progressed well, work was exciting, I did a lot of local travelling and exploring, and my husband and sister were here to keep me company. We had wonderful meals and nights out all over India. I have been so occupied that I have not had time to write about all the adventures here so will have to try to do so another time. Already it is July 30th and time to write about what I look forward to in August. Here are a few things:
- Home for a visit! Three weeks back in North America sounds like heaven right now. Am looking forward to my favourite food and meeting my favourite people.
- Check in with a western doctor! This means I can finally find out the baby’s gender and get a real due date rather than a range. Plus since I still have my healthcare I can do all the necessary tests I have been holding off on.
- Family wedding-this may be the last one in our immediate family so it will be very exciting and a great chance to see the whole family.
- A nice climate. No more scorching weather outside and freezing ac inside! Ha ha ha.
May will be an adventure this year! It will definitely be full of changes and like no other May I have experienced in the past. Here is what I am looking forward to this month:
- Starting my new job! The first week of May I am flying out to officially start my new job. I will have to find my new office, meet my new team, and see what this job is all about! Hopefully it will be great but if not…maternity leave will be cutting it short ha ha ha 🙂
- Finalizing where I will live. I rented a flat I found online-and seems good so far-for a couple of weeks to check out and if all goes well, it will be my new home for, likely, the rest of 2017.
- Checking out my new neighbourhood and new city! There will be a lot to see and do and learn. I will have to get a new phone, get a new bank, and find my local grocery store etc. Maybe I can even have some fun on the weekends. We will see.
- Connecting with my BFF who is currently living in India as well. I usually only see her for a couple of days when she comes to visit her parents every other year so it will be great to reconnect with her.
- Getting through May, which is usually the hottest month of the year, so the rest of the year will only get better (or so I hope).
- Finding my permanent doctor and learning more about the baby (I think, anyway, or maybe it will still be too early).
- Finishing up the first trimester, which is supposed to be the worst, and moving on to the allegedly best second trimester.
- Any and all other exciting discoveries yet to come.
The last month of this year is here! I am glad as this was not the best year but I am definitely hoping this month will be a good one! Here are some things to look forward to:
- Work responsibilities winding down! All the big deadlines and issues needed to be more or less wrapped up in November and I managed to take care of them. This month should be a lot lighter at work with some small projects to take care of and lots of treats and socializing.
- Parties and more! ‘Tis the season to socialize!
- Days off! I booked every Monday and Friday off this month (plus our office is closed the week of Christmas until January) so will have lots of time to enjoy for myself.
- Husband’s citizenship test will take place this month. He has been studying and we both hope he passes the first time so that will just leave one last step before he is a citizen! It has been a long 4 years/
- Christmas shopping! My whole family will be here this year (excluding the sister that is usually not here anyway) so there will be a lot of Christmas shopping that will need to be done.
- Christmas. On Christmas Eve my aunt hosts a party ever year which we will go to, then on Christmas Eve we open our gifts until late into the night starting at midnight, and on Christmas Day, this year, we are hosting a turkey dinner.
- New Year’s Eve my husband and I will be alone as the rest of the family will be in Las Vegas. We will have to find something to do but regardless I am looking forward to saying goodbye to 2016!
This post is super late! The month is already a third done but I thought I would write it anyway. Generally, November is usually a bit of a downer for me and this year has been no different so far. It has not all been bad but nothing very exciting has been going on either! Just been busy with daily life.
There are a few things to look forward to though:
- Nutritionist consultant-Started working with a nutritionist this month and it has been very enlightening. Look forward to learning more and applying this knowledge.
- Iron level check-Been diligent about my iron intake so look forward to doing my next test and seeing where I am at. Hopefully, finally normal!
- Day off-I booked a bunch of days off work to relax and take care of myself.
August came too fast…just like all the other months this year! But, it is here and, although I want summer to slow down and go on forever, I still welcome it. Here are the things I am looking forward to this month:
- My sister and her family departing and a return to a normal life and cleaner, calmer house!
- Debt reduction plan progress. Looking forward to hitting that next milestone.
- Vacation days. I am going to book off some vacation time this month so I can just slow down and breathe.
- Summer garden progress. Things have been picking up in the garden in July but I think it will be in August that we see a lot of produce!
- Joining the gym this month.
- Family time during raksha bandhan.
Half of 2016 is already over. It is scary how time is flying. But, July is usually a wonderful month when things tend to slow down. Here is what I have to look forward to:
- The first thing to look forward to is an immediate long weekend to celebrate the birth of the nation! This also means a day off with pay, of course, which is always nice. I took an extra day off on top of the regular bank holiday so will actually have a 4 day weekend! Great way to start the month and, finally, summer!
- July is the month when I always publish my list of things to do or try for the next year. I am hoping to push myself a bit more this year.
- Five year wedding anniversary. Wow! The five years have flown by at an alarming rate. Not sure how we will mark our special milestone but we will find a way.
- In June I started seeing some of the fruits of my labour in my garden (strawberries, peas, herbs etc). I look forward to more of this in July!
- Coin jar cash out! I have been saving for a while now and this month the time has come to cash out the jar and pay down some debt! I will then reset the jar for opening in the future.
- Flower shop shifts-I will be getting more hours at the flower shop this month due to others taking time off for vacations. This means some extra money coming in but also really getting to experience what it is like to regularly work at the shop (which will help me decide if I want to buy my own franchise one day).
- Visit by niece and nephew-I am looking forward to seeing these kids sometime in July and getting my niece more involved with the garden.
- Time off work-Work has been crazy for a long time. I look forward to pulling back from it just a little bit by having 5 full days off during the month and only doing half days at times.