One of my usually busiest months of the year is here! Usually it is full of birthday celebrations for myself and siblings, father’s day, anniversaries, and a birthday for my niece. This year I am away from home and family so things will be a bit different. However, I still have many things to look forward to. Here they are:
- Connecting with my BFF. Despite the fact we are now both in the same country, I was not able to connect with my dear friend last month as she is in another area and had commitments there all of May. I am hoping to catch up with her in June.
- Getting more comfortable at work. Work was a bit of a rocky start but I am looking forward to becoming more comfortable with it and digging in a bit deeper.
- Birthday! I am turning 35 and need to treat myself to something fabulous. What? Not quite sure yet.
- Getting paid three times this month! It is one of those odd months in which I get paid three times instead of the usual two. Am hoping to save some of this extra money.
- Baby news. As the weeks progress I am looking forward to learning more about the baby.
- Exploring the area. I hope to continue to explore the region.
It is 7:45 am on the first of June. After a few sunny days, it will be raining today. I do not mind as my garden will get a nice watering which is always welcome. Also, it will be nice and sunny again by the weekend. June is always a busy month in my household so there is a lot to look forward to. Here is just a sample:
- A few posts ago I mentioned I applied for 2 international jobs. Well, they have closed and this month I will find out if I have a shot at them. If so, many changes. If not, I will at least know and can plan for and pursue another path. Being in limbo is the worst and I look forward to knowing what is next. All routes are exciting.
- Great weather and garden progress! I have not written about it much this year but have a lot going on in my garden which I need to provide an update on at some point. This month, I look forward to seeing things grow!
- Sibling birthdays. Two of my siblings have their birthday in June. Lots of cake in the future!
- Father’s Day. My father is a difficult person. However, I hope this occasion will allow us to enjoy some time together.
- My 34th birthday! The year really did fly by and another birthday has come. I already have booked a day off work and will be sure to plan something nice for myself.
- Coin jar. I used my last coin jar funds to pay down debt and it felt great. Since then it has been slowly filling up again and I plan to spend the month adding to it and continuing to save.
- Debt reduction. We have paid off my husband’s credit card, as I mentioned in the past. Starting this month, we will work on mine which will be a relief.
- Flower shop! I have two shifts this month at the flower shop. Am looking forward to them and the extra cash.
In my family, June is a month of endless celebrations! As usual, I have tons to look forward to this month. Here is that wonderful list:
- My birthday! I will be 33. Even though I have to work until late on my special day, I will plan something nice for myself around this day.
- Family birthdays! A few others (3 others!) have birthdays in June in my family which means lots of cake, lots of parties, and lots of time together having fun.
- Special occasions! This month there will also be Father’s Day and my parent’s anniversary.
- Visiting sister and family. My sister from Florida will be visiting us all month with her kids and husband. It is always fun to have the kids around especially since I am their favourite aunt 🙂
- At work I will be hosting a huge event which I will be happy to get done with as, after that, I plan to take it easy! I also have booked off every Friday as a vacation day so I can enjoy my month with the kids and family.
- Backyard and garden progress! I plan on spending some extra time doing some very rewarding work in the sunshine.
- Massage. I have been meaning to use my work massage benefit for months-ever since I wrote my Health Care Benefits post in January. I think I am well overdue for a relaxing massage!
- Sunshine. All the good weather makes me oh so happy.
That is all that comes to mind right now but basically I think it will be a busy, social month full of lots of fun and family. With that, will come a few theatrics and dramas but am sure it will be very entertaining!