Happy New Year!!! This year is going to be great…even if I have to force it to be great! Last year was pretty awful and I do not want a repeat. In writing my last post I also learned what I enjoy so plan to schedule in those types of things for myself. I have also decided I need to push myself to accomplish things if I want to happen…or they will not. One way to do so is by not only having a passive things to look forward to post at the start of each month but also setting up some monthly goals for myself. Here is what I think my January will look like:
Things to look forward to:
- New year, new start! Setting up monthly plans or goals is something I am excited about…large or small.
- Out of holiday mode… I have had enough of winter holiday mode after 12 days off in a row and look forward to going back to work and being productive.
- Flower shop shifts. I have 3 shifts at my second job this month which is nice after having so few the last few months. Plus, the extra cash will help me hit my financial goals.
- Husband’s citizenship ceremony! We just got the letter a few days ago and my husband is finally approved for citizenship. Am looking forward to the big day and fancy lunch I am planning afterwards.
- After Christmas I picked up a fancy gold ring that my husband really liked (unfortunately only slightly on sale) that I plan to present to my husband as a gift after his citizenship ceremony. Look forward to seeing how he will react to this surprise.
- Other than the special citizenship lunch, eat out once in the whole month unless it is a special invite or situation (for well being and to hit financial goals).
- Learn to cook something new (am kinda inspired by the fab NYE dinner I had-want to be able to make at least one fabulous thing).
- Do not spend money unnecessarily (want to get rid of debt faster!).
- Put all extra money towards debt repayment (which accumulated due to husband’s special gift and holidays).
- Start the coin jar again and open it at the end of March 2017.
- Create some work specific goals sometime this month.
- Get back in the gym on a regular basis (3 times per week at least sounds good).
- Eat healthier and continue with vitamins etc.
- Deep clean at least two rooms in the house this month.
- Schedule in things to ensure they happen…including the fun things.
- Each day this month list one thing for which to be grateful and do one productive thing per day.