October is one of my favourite months! The change in the air and the changing colour of leaves makes me very happy. There is also plenty to look forward to:
- Changing weather and changing leaves (as mentioned above!)-will be sure to snap some pics of the beautiful transition.
- Canadian Thanksgiving/American Columbus Day…also equals a long weekend! I have taken an additional day off to make it an extra long weekend.
- Diwali-The Indian festival of lights will be on October 23rd this year. Will be doing my best to welcome the goddess Lakshmi in as usual.
- Halloween!-My favourite holiday and full of fun…including house decoration time, haunted houses, and candy!
- Maintaining my September health and well being progress so I can pick it up and make more progress in November-but am going to take it a bit easy in October.
- Parents returning from their international trip…looking forward to all the good company & stories, mom’s cooking, and maybe even a gift or two!
- Spending some quality time with the family at above mentioned events.
- Autumn clothing and cooking (hello, soups!).
- A busy month at work which I like plus a few fun work events…and a chance to get creative.
- The return of good tv shows…technically this often is in September but I did not have time to watch them.
- The smell in the air.
- The switch from our light summer blankets to heavy down winter blankets.
- My best friend’s birthday. A chance to get some one to one time with her.