Some of my goals this year include health and well being related tasks. In order to ensure I get around to doing these things, I think I will capitalize on the fact that I feel September is like New Year for me and start implementing them in. Here are the things on my list of 32 for this year related to health/well being:
- Get a check up with a doctor.
- Go to the dentist.
- Lose 15 lbs.
Other things that can indirectly fit in the well being category that are on the list are:
- Take random days off work-this relates to stress management, work-life balance…essentially just taking care of mental well being and happiness
- Go swimming and skating-reflects my want to be more active
- Participate in a charity run or walk-again being active but also contributing
So, I am going to make a plan for the 30 days of September to make sure that I make some progress. Here is what I will do this month:
- Divide September into 5 periods of 6 days. At the end of each period, I will check in to see if progress is being made. Check ins will be on the 6th, 12th, 18th, 24th, and 30th of the month.
- In this 30 day time period I must visit the doctor and dentist as listed above.
- Go either swimming or skating in this period.
- Choose which charity walk I will be doing so I am committed.
- Eat healthier and less all month. I will increase my salad intake especially. The only danger will be avoiding what my husband is eating! When I was single, it was easy to ensure there is no temptation.
- Be more active. I will do at least one major physical activity each week. This could be anything but at least one day per week will include a longer or more strenuous activity than usual.
- For my mental well being, I will enjoy the days I take off this month but will also do at least one other activity for my mental/spiritual well being.
- Indicators of success will be completing all of the above but also I will finally buy an accurate scale and should see some weight loss which will count to my total annual goal of losing 15 lbs.
Alright, its all written and planned out…now I will HAVE to do it! Should be a great month if I can take care of all of this!