I had a friend once who described someone as a ‘grown ass woman’. I know this is now me even though sometimes I still find myself in a state of shock about it. How did the time creep up on me so fast? Not that I think 30 is terribly old or anything. I just cannot believe that I have reached this respectable number. We all know respectable numbers come with certain expectations.
I am trying to keep these expectations a bit more in mind this year. Part of starting a blog is to keep myself on track with things I want to accomplish this year. So, I have made a list of 30 things for me to think of, do, try etc. I will note them all here and make sure to write a post on each of them. Now, these are not big giant life changing goals but just a few things to enhance this year as I go about the daily grind.
Now, I mentioned last time I had unrealistic ideas of where my life would go when I was 15-and they are definitely not where I would want to be now. But, where I am right now is not exactly a dream either! The last two years have been mad (in a good way). This year, I am aware is a transition year (aka settling down and preparing for events to come) and for me that equals MAJOR CHALLENGE as I have never been a settle down type of gal in the past. So, knowing this year is not my ideal year but also a milestone year, I am going to ensure I do these 30 things to keep things a bit lighter.
So, here they are:
- Read 15 novels (this will be a piece of cake as I am an avid reader!)
- Make a cake! (a type that has not been attempted in the past)
- Take a vacation or go on a trip (an obvious priority)
- Start or take steps to start own business (already got my partners picked out but lots of prep to do!!!)
- Visit the capital city
- Try to take more photographs
- Keep up this blog
- Learn to cook one new fabulous thing
- Have my own Christmas tree for the first time
- Choose 2 new charitable causes to contribute to
- Put some effort into the look of the home
- Celebrate Halloween properly: pumpkin carving, costume, ghost train
- See an unknown part of my country
- Get in awesome financial shape ( I already made a chart )
- Obtain a perfume that I actually like
- Get a breadmaker and make that homemade onion bread!
- Make sure New Year’s Eve is a decent night (I have only had 1 decent one so far)
- Buy 5 decent new clothing items for work (I have the worst wardrobe and I know it!)
- Support the immigrant husband through his transition time to the best of my ability-this one entails A LOT
- Buy a coffee table
- Celebrate the small stuff more often
- Visit a ski resort
- Connect with the loved ones more often
- Master a dish from my husband’s country
- Visit a wine region
- Go to the gym more this year-for the whole year and not just a month or two
- Play blackjack and win 🙂
- Hang out with nephew and niece-even if it means going to Florida again.
- Always try to keep positive despite the challenges coming up. Improve and plan for the big changes that are coming up.